A patent allows an inventor to protect their idea for a period of 20 years from the date of filing. A utility patent begins with an idea for a new invention, an improvement to an existing invention or a new process for manufacturing an existing invention.
Once you have your idea, you'll need to schedule a patent attorney consult. David J. Kreher, Attorney at Law is proud to serve residents of Cordova, TN and all surrounding areas. We can guide you through the entire patent application process from start to finish. Feel free to call today to learn more about our services.
The patent application process can be confusing, but David J. Kreher, Attorney at Law is here to make things easier on you. The 9 basic steps of the process are listed below:
- Get a patent attorney consult
- Conduct a patentability search
- Write the utility patent application
- File the patent application
- Wait for a response from the USPTO
- Respond to the USPTO's action
- Evaluate the next USPTO action
- If a notice of allowance is issued, pay the issue fee and publication fee
- Once a patent application is issued, maintenance fees are due 3½, 7½ and 11½ years after the patent is granted.
Schedule an appointment today to begin working on your utility patent.